Erasmus + project „Daily Dose of Music“ – for music integration in social welfare professions
2022 05 05
Daily Dose of Music – a new KA2 project (project number: 2021-1-NL01-KA220-VET-000033264), which will be implemented by organisations from three European countries:
• Netherlands (Stichting Embrace Nederland, Stichting Learning Hub Friesland, Stichting voor Christelijk beroepsonderwijs en volwassen educatie Friesland/Flevoland),
• Iceland (Musikmeðferðdarfraedinga a Islandi, Fjölbrautaskólinn í Breiðholti)
• Lithuania (Karaliaus Mindaugo profesinio mokymo centras, Lietuvos muzikos terapijos asociacija).
The main results to be achieved by the project are:
1. Training a new generation of vocational care professionals by integrating music into the curriculum of vocational health and social care students
2. Ensuring that vocational health and social care teachers are able to teach these methods to their students, ensuring a sustainable transfer of knowledge
3. Preparing the care sector for students who have been trained in the use of music in care and showing them how best to support and harness their work once they enter the job market.
Official opening of the project and follow-up activities
The first meeting of the project partners and the official opening of the project took place in Leeuwarden, Netherlands. During the meeting, partners from each country introduced their organizations and discussed key project management issues, dissemination activities as well as the project activity plan.
The next meeting will be held in Harlingen, the Netherlands, in September/October 2022. Vocational teachers will be introduced to music therapy methodologies and ways to integrate them into the learning process.