NURSE ASSISTANT MODULAR VOCATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME
LEVEL OF THE CERTIFICATE (national or international) – ISCED 454; LTKS IV; EQF 4
PRACTICAL TRAINING UNIT – Practical Training Facility | Vytautas Ave
Competences of qualification:
- Ensure the personal hygiene of a patient.
- Assist a patient with feeding.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the patient’s entire body.
- Introduce a patient to the temporary living environment in the personal health care institution.
- Take care of dying patients and their relatives.
- Assist a nursing professional in preparing and performing rehabilitation procedures for a patient.
- Provide technical assistance during procedures and patient care.
- Take simple samples for analysis, package and transport them to the laboratory.
- Take care of a vomiting, probed, drained patient, monitor a catheter and diuresis, monitor defecation and urination.
- Produce and use disinfectant solutions.
- Monitor infusions, prepare, and maintain nursing equipment required for nursing operations.
- Manage the dead.
Competences of optional modules:
- Assist a nursing professional in strengthening the patient’s health in long-term care.
- Help to take care of a woman during pregnancy, labouring and the postpartum period.
Modules for the acquisition of the qualification competences:
- Meeting the hygienic needs of a patient.
- Taking care of patients and their relatives.
- Handling of patient excretions and secretions.
- Performance of technical work.
- Introduction to the labour market.
- Assistance to a nursing professional in strengthening the patient’s health in long-term care.
- Assistance in caring for a woman during pregnancy, labouring and the postpartum period.