Social Worker Assistant
SOCIAL WORKER ASSISTANT MODULAR VOCATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME
LEVEL OF THE CERTIFICATE (national or international) – ISCED 454; LTKS IV; EQF 4
PRACTICAL TRAINING UNIT – Practical Training Facility | Vytautas Ave.
APPLICATION FORM FOR ERASMUS+ STUDENTS/FOR INTERNATIONAL INTERNSHIP
PROFILE OF SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
Competences of qualification:
- Contribute to the implementation of the activity plan of a social services institution.
- Contribute to ensuring the quality of social services provided by a social services institution.
- Observe and record client’s behaviour, emotional and physical condition.
- Implement the client’s individual social assistance plan according to the instructions of a social worker.
- Establish and maintain a trust-based relationship with a client.
- Empower a client according to the instructions of a social worker.
- Develop client’s work and self-expression skills according to the instructions of a social worker and other specialists.
- Promote the client’s independence, which is necessary in everyday life.
- Look after a client with a severe disability.
- Tidy and clean the client’s personal belongings and premises.
- Maintain safe and friendly environment for a client.
- Help a client in cases of aggression and self-aggression.
Competences of optional modules:
- Help a social services recipient to defend his/ her rights and equal opportunities in communication with persons, institutions, and organisations.
- Represent a social services recipient receiving services in various institutions.
- Help organise the leisure activities of a of social service recipient and groups of recipients.
- Help social service recipients and their groups to get involved in community activities.
- Provide social services to seniors, considering the specifics of their needs.
- Look after seniors and help the families who take care of them.
PROFILE OF MODULES
Modules for the acquisition of the qualification competences:
- Compliance with the quality requirements for the provision of social services by a social service institution.
- Identification of the client’s need for assistance.
- Provision of social services to a client according to the identified need.
- Creation of conditions ensuring the security of a client.
- Introduction to the labour market.
- Human rights and equal opportunities in the social service sector.
- Provision of assistance to a social service recipient and groups of recipients in leisure activities.
- Provision of social services for seniors.